How to Join The Los Angeles Rebellion
The LA Rebellion welcomes everyone to come play rugby, regardless of skill set, shape, size, color, or sexual orientation. The Rebellion creates a fun environment to participate in this growing sport.
Whether it is the beginning of the season, mid-season, or the off season, any player interested is welcome to join team practices. If you are a new player we recommend coming to practice with:
- Rugby or soccer cleats (American football and baseball cleats are illegal in rugby)
- A mouth guards
- Athletic wear you don't mind getting dirty
SEASON PRACTICES (OCT-MAY)
During our season we ask for a commitment of practices twice a week, two hours each. Please check our calendar page for the dates and times for all practices.
SCRFU SEASON (JAN - MAY)
The Southern California Rugby Football Union starts mid January with playoffs ending in May. Games are held on Saturdays.
If you are a new player wanting to join during this time with little to no experience check out the information provided in the Rugby 101 page. We can teach you the skills, but it's recommended you have a basic understanding of game play, how to ruck and how to tackle.
OFF SEASON (JUN - SEP)
Just because it's off season, doesn't mean there isn't time for rugby! We organize weekly touch rugby practices over the summer, along with beach rugby outings and occasional summer 7s tournaments. Please check our calendar page for all events.
- How much does it cost to join the team?
- Team dues are $160 for rookies and $200 for veteran players. If paying at once is going to be difficult, talk to the player representative about setting up a payment plan. USA Rugby also requires all players to register at usarugby.org which is currently running $75.
- Can I come and watch practice before I join?
- Of course you can!